LATS buses are available for local charter within Comanche County. The rate is $100.00 per hour with a minimum two-hour charge. Rates include a professionally licensed driver. LATS buses are accessible to persons with disabilities. Please contact Sean Spell, LATS Director of Operations at 580-248-5252 ext. 103 or e-mail at, firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a charter or have any questions.
Click here to download the LATS Charter Request Form.
1. Obtain a LATS Charter Request Form and submit it to LATS General Manager. All information on the form must be completed.
2. Charter reservations must be cancelled by the sponsoring organization no later than 8:00 a.m., two business days prior to the scheduled departure time. Failure to cancel reservations at least two business days in advance will result in $80.00 penalty being assessed.
3. Should LATS cancel the charter because it interferes with regular route service LATS shall rebate all of advance charter fee. However, buses will only be available for rent based upon equipment and driver availability..
4. Bus routes, departures/arrival times, and the nature of the trips must be pre-approved by LATS. Once your reservation is confirmed, itinerary changes related to locations and routing will not be accepted. Concessions may be made for time adjustments resulting from circumstances beyond's one control (airline delay due to inclement weather, etc.).
5. The City Transit Trust Charter Policy is attached. All parties requesting charters should read the policy in full for guidelines for charter operations.
Since LATS is a federal funded transit system, we are required to notify any private charter providers in the area to respond to the charter contract. LATS will follow the following procedure to ensure we are within the federal guidelines.
1)If a charter contract is submitted 30 or more days before the event, LATS will send out the charter contract to private charter companies in the area and will allow 14 calendar days for another private charter company to pick up the event. If no private charter company is willing to do the event, LATS will have the opportunity to supply service, if applicable.
2)If a charter contract is submitted less than 30 days before the event, LATS will send out the charter contract to private charter companies in the area and will allow 72 hours for another private charter company to pick up the event. If no private charter company is willing to do the event, LATS will have the opportunity to supply service, if applicable.
1. Charter buses are to be operated by drivers employed by LATS.
2. The charter rate is established at $100.00 per hour with a minimum charter time of two (2) hours for each vehicle. Charter rates shall be calculated based upon 15-minute intervals. The charter rate shall be evaluated annually to ensure that all operating costs are recovered in the charter hourly rate.
3. Chargeable time for a charter begins from the time the bus leaves the LATS maintenance facility and ends when the bus returns to the LATS facility.
4. All fuel cost, maintenance, and vehicular accident insurance are the responsibility of LATS.
5. The seating capacity of the buses is 21 passengers, excluding the two wheelchair securements. Under no circumstances will personal property be allowed to block aisles or emergency exits.
6. Smoking and alcohol consumption is not permitted on the bus. An adult supervisor designated by the sponsoring organization must accompany all children under the age of 18.
7. An adult supervisor designated by the sponsoring organization must accompany all children under the age of 18.
8. Damage to the bus caused by passengers, whether intended or accidental, will be billed to the chartering organization.
9. The cost associated with cleaning the interior of the buses will be borne by the sponsoring organization if it determined that extraordinary cleaning is required after use.
10. LATS reserves the right to remove a passenger from a charter whose conduct is inappropriate or dangerous to other passengers or LATS equipment.
11. LATS reserves the right to cancel a charter that interferes with regular route service. If a charter is cancelled the fee will be returned to the chartering organization.
12. All charter forms including provision of Tax Exemption Certificate, if required, must be completed by the sponsoring organization and all fees must be paid prior to finalizing the charter agreement.